The Coldwell Banker Global Luxury 2018 International Real Estate Luxury in Review Report for 2017
The overall fundamentals in luxury housing are stable and strong, according to the highly anticipated 2018 edition of “The Report” presented by the Coldwell Banker Global Luxury® program.
Released at the beginning of each year, The Report is a comprehensive guide to high-end property buying and selling, covering annual trends, statistics, demographics and analysis from a wide range of vantage points. For the very first time, The Report brings together a powerful knowledge base provided by local market experts affiliated with the Coldwell Banker® brand and leading luxury insiders from The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, Wealth-X, Unique Homes and others.
Here is a snapshot of what’s inside The Report for 2018:
- “Year in Review”: Significant Trends and Insights of 2017 – The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing analyzed median sales prices, number of sales, median sales-price-to-list-price ratios, median days on market and price per square foot in the top 5% and 10% of nearly 50 U.S. luxury metro areas — dubbed “Power Markets” — to identify key trends coming out of 2017.
- 2017 Landmark Listings – The editors of Unique Homes compiled the year’s noteworthy residential listings across the globe ahead of their May/June 2018 “Ultimate Homes” issue.
- Ultra-High-Net-Worth Growth – The rise and diversification of property ownership among ultra-high-net-worth individuals, according to Wealth-X.
- Top Luxury Property Must-Haves – A collection of the most-wanted luxury property attributes and amenities as curated by the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing.
- Power Markets: A Comparison of U.S. Luxury Metro Areas – The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing analyzed median sales prices, number of sales, median sales-price-to-list-price ratios, median days on market and median price-per-square foot in the top 5% and 10% of nearly 50 U.S. luxury metro areas, identified as “Power Markets” — the destinations where the wealthiest and most powerful players tend to own property.
- Luxury Buyer and Seller Markets to Watch – The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing examined metrics such as sales-price-to-list-price ratios, median days on market, median list price and inventory to determine five buyer markets and five seller markets to watch.
- Domestic Spotlight: What Defines Luxury in U.S. Resort, Vertical, Lifestyle and Evolving Markets? – What are the most important emotional and financial considerations for affluent homebuyers when making a purchase decision? The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing took a look at 12 distinct locales across four key market types — resort, vertical, lifestyle and evolving — and some of the leading indicators used to determine their desirability.
- International Spotlight: The Most Desirable Cities for Real Estate – Based on a recent report from Wealth-X, five global cities were analyzed for luxury real estate desirability