Dust settles on biggest home sales in L.A. County for 2011
La Belle Vie in Bel-Air, built for Iris Cantor, sold last year for $40 million. (Nick Springett / March 13, 2012)
Most of L.A. County’s big home sales from last year have made their way into the public record. Here are the larger sales, compiled using PropertyShark.com data and Times archives:
- Topping the crop, of course, was Candy Spelling’s $85-million sale of the Manor in Holmby Hills.
- A distant second, by comparison, was the sale of La Belle Vie, the mammoth Bel-Air residence built in 1993 for philanthropist Iris Cantor by her husband. It sold for $40 million.
- Actress Jennifer Aniston has sold her Beverly Hills estate for $35 million.
- A 5-acre compound in Brentwood went for $26 million.
- Technology entrepreneur and philanthropist David Bohnett sold a walled estate in Beverly Hills for $23,079,750.
- A Westwood mansion sold for $21.5 million.
- A beachfront house in Malibu Colony sold for $21.45 million.
- Former talent manager Sandy Gallin sold a remodeled home in Bel-Air for $21 million.
Missing from the list is the Beverly Hills-area estate that actress Sandra Bullock bought. The Multiple Listing Service showed it as selling for $22.95 million. Public records list the price as $16.19 million.
Interestingly, all the sales except for Aniston’s closed in the first half of the year.
L.A. County’s biggest home sales for 2011 – latimes.com
Los Angeles, Platinum Triangle, Beverly Hills, Real Estate, 90210, Bel Air, Holmby Hills, Sunset Strip, Hollywood Hills, Luxury Estates, Mansions, Celebrity Homes, Homes For Sale, Listings, Realtor, Real Estate For sale, Luxury Homes, Los Angeles Realtor, Bel Air Real Estate, Christophe Choo, http://www.ChristopheChoo.com, beverly Hills real estate agent, Beverly Hills Realtor